Saturday, April 16, 2011

Feeling good after a couple of weeks

After two weeks of focusing on fitness and food I'm seeing and feeling the results. I put on some jeans last night and they were definitely looser. Nice.

I'm taking advantage of my one-month gym membership -- I took a boxing class this week -- it had a nice division between men and women. It was fun, hard and even took me a couple of days to really feel it. I did pick up some tips for my home workout -- I actually can do lunges and burpees -- they kill but that's the idea.

I still want to try a spin class but haven't quite made it there in time.

I also did another gym tri with some cool equipment -- a bike with some tough programs, an elliptical that was on an incline (hard) and a treadmill that's incline that goes so high you have to hang on to the handles. I had seen people using it but never tried it. Very cool and a good workout.

I've been hitting the gym about 7:30 p.m. and have found that it's not very crowded and I pretty much have the hot tub, steam room and sauna all to myself, which is nice, especially considering the number of members at this club.

My food has been good -- salads, lean proteins, yogurt and good fruits and veggies - and my only *issue* is eating after the gym. I'm not getting home until about 10 p.m. and, so far, haven't been very hungry but usually need something. I've been aiming for a yogurt.

Otherwise I've gotten myself into a decent routine giving me the ability to improvise when needed.

Congress is out of session for the next two weeks meaning my schedule should be a little less hectic, providing ample opportunity get in workouts and hopefully, get into DC and to the gym.

Keep up the good work everyone!

No comments: