Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Can't Believe it!

Honestly...I can't believe that this diet/exercise regiment is being SO consistent...I have lost exactly 2lbs again this week.  My scale only calculates half lbs so it may not be exactly 2lbs but last week I was 225.5 and this week I am 223.5.  WOOT!  I am so freakin excited!!!  I can't wait to be below the dreaded 220#...it has been quite awhile since I was below that marker. 

This whole process has been great and I'm actually really enjoying this new me.  The last few times I've lost mass quantities of weight, it has been following a CRASH diet...very restrictive!  I lost 50+ lbs at least 3 times in the last 10 years and it has happened in less than 3 months.  It is hard to wait and have it happen slowly but I know that doing it this way will ensure I'm making a lifestyle change and will help it to stay off forever so I NEVER have to lose it again.  I've also NEVER exercised this consistantly as an adult.  I do my aerobics on Tuesday (Thursday is gone b/c of t-ball) and C25k every other day.  I know this is a big key to success.  I'm almost obsessed with it :)

I think one of the biggest pitfalls where people get into trouble with trying to lose weight is lack of adventure.  I have a girl friend who just started Weight Watchers and she was talking about how she grilled up a bunch of chicken so she could have it with a salad everyday that week.  BLECK?!?  Really?  Grilled chicken on greens EVERYDAY for lunch?  Is she going to be able to sustain this forever??  My opinion: if you aren't enjoying what you are eating (and you love to eat), you are setting yourself up for failure.  I was talking to her about tips to spice up her menu and I think she'll be fine but I was this person and now I'm thinking differently.  This mostly veggie lifestyle is working really well too to boost weight loss (for me).  I am currently obsessed with an avocado dip that I eat with triscuits.  It consists of 1 avocado-diced, 1/2 can black beans, 1/2 C. frozen corn - thawed, 1/2 container of pico de gallo from the grocery store, all mixed together with some lemon juice, salt and pepper.  YUM! 

The secret to my success tho?!?  I would say it is my Green Monster!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  It has literally changed my life.  My marriage, my energy, my parenting, my LIFE is better.  I know that seems odd and I'm sure that all my changes have impacted this new me, but I really think the GM is the center of it.  Who new spinach had so much power?!?!  Popeye did :)

I don't know how long this progress will last (I'm sure I'll plateau) but I'm going to enjoy it while it does.
I hope everyone has a GREAT Tuesday!!!

No comments: