Thursday, April 07, 2011

Figures

As of today, I'm back down to 142, so I'm guessing the gain earlier this week was water retention. I went down the same way I went up-back to 143.4 yesterday and 142 today.

Exercise in the coming weeks will be interesting. Already I'm dealing with not being able to get to the gym since I'm doing the Connor run each afternoon, so I'm back to doing pilates at night and walking the dog every other day. It's not as good as running, but at least it's something. I'll try to get in a couple of good outdoor workouts on weekends, but that's going to be difficult between now and the end of the school year with so many Girl Scout activities going on. Next week I'm at North Bay (outdoor environmental education center) with Claire, and I don't know what my exercise options will be. Heck, I don't even know what my JOB is supposed to be there! I'm going as a chaperone but they haven't told us what that entails. I *think* we'll have free time during the day while the kids are in "class" but I don't know for sure. If that's the case, I can presumably get in one workout a day, but we'll see how that goes. I also have to spend some time working while there since I've got two major grants due that we're trying to get in that week to avoid working over spring break. And then the next week is spring break. Last year I was able to get a lot of exercise done over that week, but last year my break didn't coincide with the kids' break, so I was child-free all week. Not happening this year, so I'll have to work around Brian's schedule to get in any exercise.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Do you have a bike trainer? You could at least be at home and riding the bike. I love mine and have been back to using it almost daily.