Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Stalled out

So I haven't been doing much of anything exercisewise and wow, what a difference.

Congress went nuts before leaving for the July 4 recess, which is now, and I was just exhausted. Plus my parents were in town over the weekend and while we were active it wasn't the same. We did plenty of walking around but I didn't get in any workouts.

It's hard enough to battle the bulge while exercising, never mind while not doing much of anything. But boy, I definitely have noticed the difference. My waist is jabba-the-hutish.

So now that they are gone and I've got a couple of days left of recess left I'm going to get back on track.

My mom has lost weight working out and she feels and looks a lot better. My dad, on the other hand, doesn't really care and I see the effects. My mentality has always been to stay in shape and I'm sticking with that.

My eating isn't too bad. I'm getting a lot of my food from the farmers market so I'm eating zukes and tons of fruit. I recently bought a tabletop gas grill and did up some chicken and buffalo burgers over the weekend. I'm trying to stick with light fare with the really hot weather. Argh.

Overall, I can do better. Much better.

I will probably be doing a bike trip toward the end of the month -- the Great Allegheny -- so I'm going to prep on the trainer and hopefully get in some rides before then. We'll see.

Everyone keep up the good work through all this heat. Brutal.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're biking the GAP? Lucky you! I wish I could come along!