Tuesday, July 13, 2010

147.0

My weight got down as low as 145.5 this week, but then this weekend we had company so I let myself eat freely on Saturday. Unfortunately, as in the past, one day of intentional indulgence means I have completely FAILED to rein in my eating over the two days that followed. So far today I'm doing OK -- but it's only 9 am, so I haven't had time to get munchy after breakfast.

I went to the gym yesterday and ran a gentle mile on the treadmill. My foot did OK (not great), but I didn't want to push it, so I switched to the lovely no-impact elliptical and did 30 minutes on there, and that went really well. My achilles tendon got sore when I was running; I found that even when I made a conscious effort I had a hard time running squarely down the middle of my foot; I was running on the side of it, which was hard on my ankle. Today I have another gym appointment, so I'm going to go back to the elliptical and just bump the resistance up to make it a more solid workout (I took it easy yesterday), and with any luck I won't screw my ankle up any further, and my foot can go on healing.

No comments: