Thursday, July 22, 2010

Last night I dreamed I was training for a marathon

in my Maidenform bra. OK - not the bra bit - but the training bit. In my dream I was really enjoying the run. And there was this little wizard (like a foot and a half tall) who did something to me that made me run faster and feel not pain. (He did this because I had rescued his dog - a miniature pug that look like him.) I woke up and thought YES! I want to go out for a run, but then I realized that my legs were REALLY hurting from Hershey Park yesterday.

I am not sure how accurate my body media device is. I mean, I think it is as good a gauge as anything - however, for about two hours yesterday I had it off and in a locker while we played in the waterpark. Unfortunately, the device didn't realize it was off my body. It registered the whole time as me being asleep. My only guess is that it was pressed up against something and the ambient air temperature was about the same as a human body. When I took it off again later to get back in the water I left it with my shoes and NOT in a locker and that time it registered as off. Anyway - not even counting the time it was off my body I burned 3475 calories. It was off body for about three hours, so the average of that total over the 21 hours on body is 165 - so my guess is that my total burned was about 3700 or so (the time off body was spent floating on an innertube on a "lazy river" or bouncing in the wave pool which my knees REALLY didn't like!).

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh! I want a wizard like that! Good for you for WANTING to get out and run -- that's a great feeling -- just keep chomping at the bit until you can get out for real. Satisfying that you walked off a whole pound's worth of calories yesterday, though.

Sarah said...

Emily - go rescue a pug and see what happens!

Amy, it totally makes sense that the body media thing would register being in the locker as being on a sleeping person--I'll bet the temperature and moisture in there were about body level. Can't you wear it in the water, though? I'd think they'd design something like that so people could wear it swimming.