Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back...

Last week was a doozy in San Diego. We had to eat out for every meal, but it was counterbalanced by the extreme walking. I googled our basic path each day and it was about 3 miles BEFORE anything inside the convention center, which if you have ever been to the San Diego Convention Center, it is the equivalent of several city blocks in length. Every year I mean to take a pedometer and every year I end up so scrambled with last minute stuff and I forget to pack one. Maybe next year...

I did get back to the gym last night after taking Sunday off; I was so tired from the traveling. I used a different elliptical and it was exhausting; I am not sure if I lost that much fitness in a week, if it was really more difficult, if I was just tired, or if it was some combination of things. My heart rate was higher longer using it and the resistance in the wheel was much greater. It was the kind with the huge front wheel instead of the smaller back wheel. There was a girl running on a treadmill behind me that was driving me nuts; the belt was loose on the treadmill and it was so NOISY. I don't know how she could stand it. I would have moved to a different one.

I think I am taking tonight off; I have to get stuff together for breakfast at the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow morning. I should be back at the gym tomorrow night.

No comments: