Tuesday, July 27, 2010

146.8

I gained Emily's weight, clearly.

Actually not really. This is just where I've been for so long now that fluctuations between 145 and 146 mean next to nothing.

I had a good run yesterday afternoon. It was a beautifully cool 90 degrees (!), which even at the time I realized was just nuts--how could 90 degrees feel so refreshing? But I was able to run my route all the way through for the first time in weeks (my afternoon run, that is; when I drag myself out of bed and run in my neighborhood it's usually cool enough to run the whole way too) and had an average pace of 9:13 per mile.

Today if I manage anything it'll be a swim after work. I've got Claire with me this morning while Brian is down in Virginia on a job interview, and I have to leave in an hour to get Connor off the bus, so no lunchtime workout for me. But I have so much to do tonight that I'm not sure I should stay for that swim.

This Friday is the dress rehearsal for the Iron Girl, so I get to go swim in the lake. I'll be testing out my new triathlon top to see how it handles. I'm not worried about it technically--I'm just worried about how it might look after a dip in the lake. It's got a white base and may come out looking really disgusting and showing off every piece of duck weed I pick up in my boobs. This will also mark one year since I injured myself on the run after the dress rehearsal swim. Let's hope I don't repeat that this year! My back still gives me problems, although I now sometimes go a few days with no pain. This also means my shoes are a year old--I got them about a week before the dress rehearsal last year. They're still in good shape, though, since I didn't use them most of the winter and have only been putting 7 or 8 miles on them each week.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had a good run today, too! Isn't this weather great? I have been SO slow of late, and getting so progressively worse, that I was beginning to think I was doomed to drift up to 15 minute miles. Instead I ran at about a 9:30 pace and didn't hate *every* second -- I could probably have pushed harder but I was trying to relax and lean forward and engage my core and all that other good ChiRunning stuff except, of course, the actual chi part. And you're not supposed to push. So I just ran and enjoyed the 80s weather and the clouds.

Good luck in the open-water swim! No injuries!