Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm with Emily

All it takes is one day of bad eating and it is SO hard to get back on track!! I was doing GREAT up until July 3rd. After that it has been all down hill. What is really bad, I can't remember what I was doing RIGHT then. I finally concluded that the difference last week is that I wasn't recording any of my foods via TDP. I started back up again yesterday. My food choices weren't the greatest - however, I had a picture of what I was eating. This, I think, helps more than the number that I see at the end of the day. Or as much anyway. I can see when I did (or didn't!) eat. I can see that I had NO protein all day - or whatever the weakness du jour is. So I started tracking again yesterday...

Today I woke up at 6am (5:14 last night... Sarah, I can't IMAGINE what you are feeling if I am this tired!), got up and took a walk. I added on all of the extra courts and then........... I RAN! Only for about a block. But it was a little up-hill stretch. My feet felt weird... like I wasn't landing them quite right, or straight, or something. I don't know how to describe it. I thought about running again a little later on - but I was afraid someone would see me. But it felt good. I will have to make sure I add in a bit of a run in each of my walks. I also didn't feel quite as bad about the fact that I was huffing and puffing. Of course I was - I had been running. 8-) The best part is when I uploaded my Body Media, I had one minute of vigorous exercise. I usually only get moderate exercise on any given day. I think carrying the cooler at the beach gave me vigorous for a minute or two last week. I think I got vigorous when I first started walking too. Only for a few minutes - but I guess it was actually harder in the beginning...

The painters were working on the house again today. The roofer is supposed to come tomrorrow, and then the carpet cleaner is coming on Thursday. Then I THINK it will all be done. I sure hope so! I am sick of the project!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good for you on the running! My feet almost always feel a little weird when I first start running -- like they don't quite remember how to do what I'm asking them to do. It takes a while to get back into stride. However, on the weeks when I'm really good, and I get both my short runs in and a day of cross-training between the runs and the long run, I don't have that weird feeling. My 14-miler was like that -- from the very first step things felt smooth.

Not so much this week! If I succeed in going for a long run on Saturday or Sunday (or even Monday, given that we're scrapbooking on Saturday and I will still have to go to church sometime) I imagine it will take a few miles before things feel normal, because I've been walking so strangely all week and barely running at all!