Monday, July 12, 2010

I don't know how you all do it

Seriously! I can't imagine the intensity of the exercise you all get it. I went walking each day Saturday and Sunday - and while I have been adding on courts and variations to my route to make it longer - it is STILL based on the basic mile walk I mapped out when I was first getting started again. BUT - I am still struggeling with that mile (plus). Yesterday Katie went with me, and about half way into the walk I felt like hot knives were stabbing in my calves. HOW!?! Do you all manage to run/bike/swim for MILES more than that????

This morning I uploaded my Body Media data from yesterday and my sleep was 5:23 - and my initial thought was "Oh! Good job! More than five hours!" That is NOT good. I need more sleep! My states from Friday and Saturday night weren't good either... Friday night I had 8.5 hours of "laying down" time - but only 6:29 of sleep. That is two hours of.... Well, who knows what... That isn't counting the 20 minutes I got because I went to bed at 10:30 - and woke up nicely refreshed 20 minutes later. Sigh. My sleep habits suck! Speaking of which... I think I need more air in my sleep machine. I have not only been as restless at night as I was before I got the C-PAP, but I have been as tired during the day too. I asked Barbara Ball about it and she said that she though the machine providers should be the ones to increase the amount of air flow. I told her that it was done on a prescription, and wouldn't that need to come from the doctor? I will call them tomorrow and ask. I feel like I am suffocating when I have the mask on.

I have not been tracking my calories - and I have been eating horribly! Not a lot - just badly. I HATE when Katie isn't around to cook for me. I really, truly, just don't eat. I get hungry - but when I go to the kitchen to get food, there is none, or it needs to be prepared. Sigh. I need to do something about that. I have started back with the salads. I had a Moroccan chicken salad on Friday - which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Today I had a Cobb salad. Why do salads prepared by other people taste so much better than the ones I make? Katie made the Chard and Chicken dish she made a few weeks ago again on Saturday. It was good. However, between the salad on Friday (which I ate also for Saturday lunch) and the chard for Saturday dinner, my stomach was A MESS Saturday night.

Anyway, I am off to track my calories for today. I need to get back to that habit.

No comments: