Thursday, November 01, 2007

Now THAT'S Irony!

This morning my weight was 223.8. It hasn't been that low in a while. I know, because as soon as I saw it I thought "My weight hasn't been that low in a while." Anyway - how ironic is it that after the biggest candy eating day of the year my weight drops? I guess though, when it comes right down to it I didn't eat much candy yesterday - and I usually spend the day running around considerably more than usual - THEN last night I went to bed at 10:30 and slept until 9:15 this morning. They say sleep is a key element to weight loss - maybe THAT is the piece I have been missing - you can't lose weight on 6 hours a night... Oh well. I don't see THAT changing any time soon.

Katie and I kind of ignored our diet yesterday - but I still managed to do OK on the food front - with the exception of breakfast (I had none). We had a pot luck lunch at work. I have half a piece of veggie lasagna, one chicken wing, fruit salad and green salad and a few pieces of bread with onion dip (my contribution). Dinner was a crock pot ckicken, bisquits and green beans. Candy of course for dessert.

My costume wasn't too hard to fix. I cut the waist band off just below the stitching line - and THAT made the skirt too big around the waist. Sigh. I just ran binding tape across the top and called it done then. Everyone LOVED my costume. I was definitely larger than life. I liked my apron. I want to wear it everyday. It had four big pockets in it which were very handy for trick or treating.

OK - one down, three to go in the next two months! Oh! I just found out yesterday that our work holiday party has been canceled. That isn't public news yet - so if you happen to run into anyone from TESSCO (other than me) don't mention this little tidbit. We are trying to save money - but it sucks considering that we were meeting TODAY to mail the invitations. We have already put a lot of time and effort (and money) into the event. Oh well.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's really too bad about your Christmas party. But I guess that's one food temptation that won't be hovering over you. I hope they will substitute something for the employees--it will be a real morale downer otherwise.