Friday, November 02, 2007

Candy-eating orgy

Only not. But there's all this candy around, and I've been so busy for the past few days that it's been OK up until now. But when I got home from the gym just now I was starving, and Alexander's bag had spilled a bit onto the floor, and cleaning it up I had an urgent desire to inhale it. No, no, no! Bad, bad, bad! Candy bad. Beer good.

No, beer bad. On Wednesday I kept my calories to about 1300, including one Reese's and one little Kit Kat, and one beer. And yesterday my calories were about 1200, but about a quarter of that was a cannoli Daniel brought me home from his dinner out. Today my calorie count is under 600 through now -- I've seriously been too busy to eat -- but dinner will help me make up the other 600. But I might have room for one piece of candy or so. We found half price candy at Target today and I didn't buy anything chocolate -- just skittles and other candies the kids love. So that shouldn't be too hard to resist.

I'm still exercising regularly -- not Wednesday, except for walking with the trick or treating in the afternoon, but every other day so far this week. So I'm making new progress. And I've bought a new scale (precise to 0.2 instead of 0.5) to avoid the "147, ha, ha, no, 145" thing I saw last week.

No comments: