Tuesday, November 13, 2007

143.5

I almost typed that as 413.5 -- yikes! 143.5 is bad enough! I'm right back to where I started last week. Looking at my calorie intake for the past week, though, that's about right. My net calories (calories in minus calories burned through serious exercise) should be about 1700 per day if I want to maintain my weight, down to 1000 per day if I want to lose two pounds per week. That's for my weight and my height -- YMMV. What I really aim for is 1200 actual calories per day, which lands me 1200 to 1300 calories per day when I stick to it. Then on the days I exercise I burn about 400 extra, and on the days I don't I burn 0 extra, which averages out to about 1000 net calories per day in the course of a week. But this week my net calories were right for loss the first three days, just maintenance level one day, and high for three days. So that averages out to maintenance (though I'm not convinced I was 700 calories high those days!!), so it's kind of interesting to know that the calorie counting approach works the way it does.

But, phooey, I hope I weigh less before Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: