Friday, November 09, 2007

Still mighty quiet around here

I'm still plugging away at my diet. I've seen a few downward ticks of the scale so that's keeping me more or less enthused. I'm also tracking my weight, diet, and exercise on the Daily Plate (this is SUCH a good site) so that keeps me obsessing. I am now back down below my starting weight from the beginning of the year, and I'm just a few pounds off my low point for the year. But dieting was so much more fun the first time around, when (a) it was easy because I was nursing an enthusiastic baby and (b) it was exciting because the numbers were NEW, not numbers I saw a long time ago and let get away from me out of sheer laziness. At least I haven't had a major break in exercise in over a year, and this fall I've been more consistent about the exercise than I have been most of the Losers time, except for that month or so when Sarah and I kept a no excuses policy going so long it seemed criminal to break it. That was effective, but once we started letting it go it fell apart completely. Having an officially scheduled gym time four days a week is probably more useful to me in the long run.

I'll be very pleased once I see the other side of 140 again. I'll be even more pleased when I lose the last five pounds and get back to the 130-135 range again! I kept it there for eight of nine weeks back in 2006 and then never saw it again. Unfortunately I will have the holidays to contend with during the loss and early maintenance period -- this will be a real challenge!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You and I are probably right about the same weight right now--I was up to 142.2 this morning. I only got to the gym twice this week and I've been SO BAD about my diet--back to the "eat everything in sight all evening" routine that I constantly fight. Having Girl Scout cookies all over the place doesn't help. But I know what you mean about seeing the same numbers again--they aren't nearly so much fun the second time around when you know you're only seeing them again because of your own stupid behavior.

I'll have to try the Daily Plate--I need to start obsessing about calories again. It's no fun, but once I'm in the habit of it, it isn't so bad.