Friday, November 23, 2007

Not as bad as it could have been!

I entered all of my food in the Daily Plate for yesterday and my Thanksgiving dinner was "only" 1461 calories (only one glass of wine, didn't eat the mashed potatoes, no whipped cream, no appetizers, small portion of all white meat turkey) and since I had only had a couple hundred calories during the day before dinner, my overall day wasn't so terrible. And I got out for a 2.5 mile walk with Davey, which also helped.

But I don't know what the immediate damage to my weight was because I forgot to weigh myself this morning, largely because my morning started at 3:30 this morning when Connor woke up. I briefly considered hitting one of the sales, but then I remembered that I'm not crazy. That and Claire was still asleep! But by the time I was awake enough to think about weighing myself, I had already eaten breakfast (pecan pie and coffee. OK, not exactly a diet winner. But at least it was a half a piece of pie!).

2 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't have whipped cream, but I counted it, since pumpkin CHEESECAKE wasn't an option - and I am pretty sure it was more than 180 calories... I also counted a full 1/2 cup of gravy and 1/2 cup cranberries, and 1/2 cup jello. I was over estimating everything - since I think they underestimated stuff.

Sarah said...

I was using Daily Plate, where you can be a lot more exact with what you ate (i.e. white meat, 3 ounces instead of 6 ounces white and dark, and they have pumpkin cheesecake and sweet potato casserole with pecans, etc.) so I think the calorie count I got from there was more realistic that from that other site.