Thursday, November 15, 2007

After-lunch report

According to the Daily Plate I can only eat another 83 calories today! I'd better go to the gym and burn off 400 so I can have dinner. Lunch was turkey (gross--only ate a few bites. I don't want turkey that's been swimming in watery broth), mashed potatoes (so-so--ate about 1/4 cup), stuffing (surprisingly good--I ate the whole serving), no good vegetables whatsoever so I skipped them, apple pie (ate it all) and cider. 830 calories in one meal. No wonder Americans are overweight!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Isn't it alarming how quickly the calories add up? I put my homemade pizza recipe (the way I really make it, with gobs of cheese) into the site and even with small pieces (1/12th instead of 1/8th) it was around 350 calories per slice!! I can eat two of those EASILY if I'm not counting calories -- I will cheerfully eat three if I'm given time to graze. Add a beer and I've had a whole day's calories in one meal.