Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weighing in

Today I was 140.4--about two pounds down from last week, I think? I can't exactly remember last week's weight. I'm not convinced this is real weight loss, though--my weight dropped quickly in a couple of days and then very slowly over the past few days (I was 140.8, then 140.6, then 140.4 and still 140.4 today). But I did stick to the 1200 to 1300 calorie plan pretty much all week, and my net calories (according to the Daily Plate) were all within the target to lose a pound and a half a week, so it *should* be actual weight loss. We'll see in the next few weeks, if I can manage to keep my food consumption low in spite of Thanksgiving tempting me with 1500 calories in one meal, and work closed for a couple of days so no gym visits.

Don't you just hate it, though, when self-discipline actually works? Low calories, lots of exercise, no fun. It's not as if this is a surprise--it's what has always worked for me. I just wish someone would invent a diet plan that works that still involves daily pumpkin spice lattes!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Don't I know it!! That was the reason for my rant a week or two ago, when it felt like I'd been doing this irritating tedious dieting for months and it had only been three weeks. And on the two Starbucks occasions I've had, I've limited myself to a cappuccino (too much air, though) and a latte when I'd really like a raspberry mocha or a peppermint mocha or something else involving a lot of chocolate and sugar. Why couldn't I get motivated in June, when there are no high-calorie food events for months? Why do we get inspired in the fall??? That doesn't even follow conventional wisdom -- spring is supposed to be weight loss time!