Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No restraint

The past 24 hours have been bad. Really bad. I-can't-stay-away-from-sugar bad. It started yesterday afternoon when I was running an errand and starving and away from my healthy yogurt so I got a candy bar. Then instead of going home last night to have dinner, we went to Ikea and got Ikea food for dinner--a hot dog and Swedish fish. And not just one serving of the Swedish fish. And today I've been into goodies that people left out at work--a blonde brownie, a peppermint patty, and a Take 5 bar. I'm now something like 200 calories away from my maximum calories for the day and it's only a little after 2:00! I've been doing so well the past two weeks--why mess it up now?

1 comment:

Emily said...

It was around 2 or 3 weeks that I started to get really desperate for junk food and wanted to eat everything in sight. PMS very possibly played a role as well. I struggled through it with only a few minor lapses and the last couple of weeks have been better. In fact, the last few days I've had to make myself get enough calories! I think it also helps that I've been carrying to-do lists around so I can't stop to notice that I'm hungry.