Tuesday, November 27, 2007

228.2

A pound up from last week - but not bad considering I COULD have been four pounds up. I didn't actually see the four pound spike this month - which is impressive considering I also ate so much on Thanksgiving...

Katie and I went to the gym last night. I am DETERMINED to re-introduce exercise as a part of my regular life. I walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill last night (again I did the Alpine Pass which has changing inclines and rates) I (according to the machine) burned 384 calories. That certainly made up for the skim peppermint mocha I had (no whip) I hope. But then we ordered pizza for dinner. Instead of getting our normal thin crust veggie, we decided on Italian sausage. I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have a veggie pizza. I guess I am completely converted. I don't know. Other than the coffee and the pizza my calories were pretty light yesterday. I had a cup of Italian wedding soup for lunch with a small piece of leftover focaccia. Breakfast was oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon and applesauce (homemade). I didn't actually get around to any of my snacks (baby carrots and hummus and an orange) and then after dinner I had a serving (100 calories) of mini marshmallows. I think that may be my new nighttime snack. I crave sweet at night... but cookies, cakes, candy, etc are SO calorie laden for such small servings. The mini marshmallows were 2/3 of a cup - which is a LOT of little marshmallows - and they definitely don't feel quite as heavy in my tummy afterwards. All that said - I had an appalling lack of vegetables yesterday.

I am going to the gym again tonight with Gloria from work. She asked me to show her how to use the treadmill - and the eliptical. I don't like the elipticals - since my toes go dead... but maybe I should shake up my routine a little too. I think tonight I am going to do the treadmill for 20-30 minutes and then do the arm machines. Gloria got the info on the Aquasculpt class. That is a water based resistance toning class. It is Monday nights at 7:00 or 7:30. We are going to start doing that each week. I am looking forward to that. 8-)

No comments: