Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting all pumpkined out!

And it's not even Thanksgiving yet! I made pumpkin muffins last night (and entered the recipe in the Daily Plate--turns out there's only 93 calories per muffin, and lots of vitamin A and iron (uses molasses). I also substituted half of the flour with whole wheat, making them even more healthy.) and had one last night and one for breakfast, then came to work and someone brought in pumpkin flan. It's only so-so IMO (a bit too pumpkiny), but when I looked it up and found out that our tiny slices only have something like 30 calories apiece, I ate it up. I have leftover canned pumpkin and plan to make pasta with pumpkin cream sauce with it. And of course I have the pumpkin cheesecake ready for tomorrow as well. And I don't even like pumpkin that much.

I'm definitely going to the gym later today so I can get in one more good workout before the long weekend. Except for walking the dog and occasional light weight lifting, I'm not likely to do much exercising over the next four days. And I *finally* activated my college i.d. as a library card and checked out three novels from the library (community college libraries are great--very little of that boring research stuff, and they get the bestsellers but don't have huge waiting lists like the public library does), so they will be tempting me to be even more lazy.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I used to love the St. Leo College library for the samae reason when Dad was teaching there (before you were born!)