Thursday, November 15, 2007

I forgot to post on Tuesday

I was probably just repressing bad memories. I was 142.6 on Tuesday morning. On Tuesday evening I created a Daily Plate account. I was over my recommended calories by a few hundred that day (and that was AFTER an hour long workout!), entirely due to a pop tart and a bunch of leftover Halloween Kissables. Those calories add up fast!

Yesterday was much better and it reminded me of why I liked obsessive calorie counting. I'm "allowed" 1245 calories a day, and yesterday I hit that goal spot on, even though we went to dinner at an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet (Girl Scout fundraiser). All I could eat was a big salad, two slices of spinach alfredo pizza and a small brownie. But at least I *knew* that going into the meal so I didn't overeat.

Today is going to be another challenge--our annual pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving lunch at work. Why do school cafeterias do this? As if one Thanksgiving meal in the month isn't enough, our dining hall every year serves a whole Thanksgiving meal one week before Thanksgiving, and our department goes and eats together at this. The public schools do the same thing--a big turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes lunch a week or so before Thanksgiving. Weird. So I need to check into the calories before I go to this. At least it's dining hall food, meaning that most of it is pretty gross and badly prepared so I'm not tempted to eat a lot of it. I can't stand icky mass-produced-from-a-box stuffing.

No comments: