Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Attitude Part Two

OK - I came back from Spain DESPARATE for fruits and vegetables! Of course, all we had in our house was crackers and cheese. I went to the store yesterday (where I bought mostly junk food for our party tomorrow) but then Katie and I met up at the produce market that we have both been told about many times over the years. It was awesome!!! We bought a ton of fruit - plums, cherries, apples, oranges, bananas, lemons, limes, more plums, and an onion - all for $16.52. YAY!

I also started today to pack a MUCH larger lunch than I normally bring. In addition to my oatmeal and milk and leftovers for lunch, I brought a yogurt, cottage cheese, two plums and an orange, tomatoes and carrots. However, then at the last minute we decided to go out to Cafe Spice for Indian food. So I had rice, naan and curry instead. It was a buffet, so I am not entirely sure what all I ate... I had already eaten my oatmeal, milk, cottage cheese and one plum. I am eating the second plum now. I need to run my calories in TDP, but I think this is what I need to focus on - eating more, and healtier, foods.

As to moving more... Yesterday I didn't go to yoga. I had the last bits of restoring my life to do - not to mention a thousand pounds of laundry. Katie and I did go to clogging. It was fun class last night, but for some reason I couldn't get it together. I wonder if that was because we started right in on a new dance instead of running though our old ones first. By the end I was doing better, but I couldn't do the clog over vine to the right. I could do left just fine - but not right. It was a fun class and dance.

Saturday Sarah, Claire and I plan to go on a hike. I am mildly worried that I won't be able to keep up... Oh well, I can probably find my way home eventually.

I just walked to the post office. I used to go regularly, but now I almost never need to...

Yesterday I sat at my spinning wheel for the first time in almost two weeks. I was shocked at how much my leg muscles were hurting!!!! It helped once I oiled the moving parts - but I think my spinning muscles have gotten soft. I will have to build them up quickly if I want to finish my century!!

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Which market? We love the Russian market at Reisterstown Rd and Franklin, right next to the funeral home. I also buy spices and pasta there.