Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's not Tuesday

This keeps happening to me--I mean to post on Tuesday and then I forget or I put it off until the evening and then figure I can just wait until the next day.

So here it is Wednesday, it's a billion degrees outside, I haven't been anywhere interesting this summer (or even anyplace boring!) and I'm just feeling burned out. I've been sticking to the Game On plan but my weight seems to be stuck (fortunately it's stuck at 141, a good 5 to 7 pounds below where it was when I started!). I impressed myself with my mileage last week--82.8 human powered miles (mostly cycing, but three days of running were in there). This week I'm easing back a bit. I meant to take Sunday off but ended up going out for a 10 mile ride with Claire (during the ride she was sweating and panting and barely able to make it and had to get off her bike and push on a couple of the hills, but recovered immediately afterwards and was outside on the swingset within ten minutes, while I was going along nice and easy in the ride but afterwards passed out on the sofa for an hour!), so instead I took yesterday off and feel MUCH better for it. Today I went out for a 13 mile ride early in the morning and was able to manage the route so much more easily than I had last week. Amazing what one day of recovery will do for you. But this means that this week I won't manage another 80+ mile week. I'm only at 26.5 now, so I'd really have to crank out a few high mileage rides to hit that mark, and with the rest of this week supposed to be even more ridiculously hot than today, I just don't see that happening. If I want a weekend ride at all, I'm going to have to get up super-early--no more waiting around until 9 a.m. to start if there's really going to be a heat index of 110 degrees on Saturday. Ugh.

So even though my weight loss hasn't been impressive, I'm losing inches. Only it seems to be very targeted inches. My hips have gone down nearly 2 inches since I was measured for the bridesmaid dress, but my waist measurement hasn't changed AT ALL. What's with that? I really need to get back to pilates. Those are the only two measurements I have to go by--they didn't measure my knees that day. ;-)

No comments: