Friday, July 08, 2011

My pants are too tight

and I know it's not just baby weight anymore.  It's all you can eat sushi (strange concept but normal to Reno-ites), it's starbucks cake pops (yes- they are delicious), it's In and Out Burger (another west coast favorite), its the freaking copious amounts of junk I've given myself permission to eat since June 2010 (when I found out there was a little monkey in my uterus).  It's definitely time to do something about it.  1) I am too broke to afford a whole new wardrobe (my feet even seem chubby) and 2) I don't want Colin to develop the poor eating habits I've picked up.  Salads are my friend!!!
on a side note- I really miss crab dip.  Just sayin....

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ginger, welcome aboard! You're in exactly the same spot I was when we started the blog six (!!) years ago -- I was several months post-baby and had completely plateaued a good 10 pounds up from pre-baby and 35 up from where my weight ought to be. It turned out to be SO easy to lose weight that first year -- I just switched the junky food for healthier options (most of the time) and ate as much as I liked, and I exercised several days a week HARD (I found a gym with a child care room and got hooked on the recumbent bikes that fall, which aren't even all that efficient at calorie-burning, but I kept upping the level and working up a sweat). As long as milk was Cecilia's primary food, the pounds melted away. I actually hit my dream weight before her first birthday!

Once she started eating more foods and nursing less, it got a lot harder -- which is, of course, while I am still here. I have to exercise more and eat less. So enjoy eating lots while you can -- just make sure you're not losing muscle and that the food has nutritional value, and you'll see some results.

Amy said...

OMG! There is a little cafe near me that sells crab dip pizza! It is so decadent! Yum!

Emily said...

Amy! Shame on you! We're supposed to be encouraging GOOD behavior! Ginger shouldn't find out what a bad influence this blog is until she's ALREADY entangled!

Amy said...

Yes... But Ginger is in Reno. She never comes to visit me...

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Welcome, Ginger! I've heard so many good things about In-and-Out Burger over the years that it's on my list of restaurants to visit when I get out west!

Ginger Lynne said...

In and Out burger is delicious. especially their milkshakes.