Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trying to catch up

And it just isn't going to happen at the moment...welcome to our new blogger, and April, I hope you had an awesome trip to Ireland.  And Amy & Emily, did you go to Spain yet or is that coming up?  Have a blast!

I am currently between sessions at a mapping conference in San Diego with 15,000 of my closest friends.  I've been eating out every day, and thank goodness we found a great place for breakfast that is something other than a plate of carbs.  Although I did opt for that one day--they make their own cinnamon loaf that they use in their french toast.  It was heaven, and totally worth it.

After 4 years of attending this conference, I finally remembered to bring along a pedometer.  I hit 18,000-20,000 steps each day, sometimes with the addition of "on purpose" exercise, sometimes not.  My feet are tired, my brain is fried, and it is most awesome to be a GIS professional in this present day and age.

I haven't taken advantage of the really nice pool at my hotel because of the restrictions still in place given my vision correction surgery two Fridays ago, but there really hasn't been much time anyways.  We're up around 6 am and have been getting back to the hotel around midnight...no wonder I am sooo tired!

I have no idea on my weight and won't until we get back to MD late Saturday night. I'm hoping the enthusiasm I have collected for GIS will carry through to other things when I get home.  I've been suffering from severe career apathy recently and I think this conference was just the thing to get me going again.  Now let's see how long I can ride this high!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad you're having such a great time and getting some great exercise (intended or not!) along the way! Amy and I leave tomorrow (Friday) for Spain -- I'm in Alabamaville tonight to drop off the younger kiddos.