Thursday, July 14, 2011

I ran the whole way!

Since getting back into running a few weeks ago, I've been slowly working up to actually running and not walking for long stretches before breaking into a run. I finally did it today, aided, I'm sure, by the MUCH cooler and less humid weather this morning. So, three miles down at ten minutes per mile. Now I need to start adding distance. Yuck.

I don't know what was up with my hunger yesterday, but it seems to be gone today. I had planned to take lunch today as my meal off this week since I was in an internal retreat for the morning and early afternoon, but it turned out not to be necessary. Lunch was lettuce wraps with fruit on the side--all perfectly acceptable for my diet, as long as I stayed away from the strawberry shortcake for dessert (which I did). So instead of hunger today, I'm dealing with extreme sleepiness! Again, what's the deal? I've been getting 7 hours of sleep a night for the past two and a half weeks (barring the occasional middle-of-the-night wake up call from Connor) and have been fine every other day except today. So if yesterday was hunger and today is sleepiness, I guess tomorrow I should be struck with either a total lack of motivation to work out or an inability to stay away from mindless internet browsing in the evening. Let's see what happens!

No comments: