Thursday, July 07, 2011

Tough day

I'm not sure why yesterday was such a struggle for me. I felt like eating ALL DAY yesterday (and I'm not PMS) and I didn't want to exercise. I was tired, for one thing; we were up too late the night before (wasn't "Get enough sleep" the first of my bullet points?) because Daniel was leaving on a trip yesterday, so I fell asleep mid-afternoon while I was reading, when I should have been getting out to exercise. Eventually I unenthusiastically put my gym clothes on and decided I'd bike to the gym -- I did NOT want to go anywhere, and I had a stiff neck from cycling the day before so that might not have been such a hot plan anyway -- and then Cecilia said she wanted to go to the kids' room, so we drove. Just having her along made me more excited about going out. And I did get 45 minutes on the elliptical, and I did an arm workout at home.

I also think part of the reason I was wanting to eat so much was that my food choices weren't the best. At dinner I picked a leftover bratwurst instead of leftover cod, and that was 100 calories I couldn't get through more food (though I was hoping the fat would make me feel fuller). I ate a half ounce of Doritos instead of a slice of bread afterwards (I was wanting the salt -- but it left me hungry). I ate a tiny piece of cheesecake instead of a popsicle (that should have made me feel full, but it didn't) for dessert. At bedtime I was famished, so I ate a 70-calorie square of dark chocolate (that's good for me, right?) and went to bed with my stomach growling. I only exceeded my calories by 150 for the day (and still within a reasonable range) but I didn't feel good all day, food-wise, except when I ate a serving of watermelon (good way to feel full with few calories!). But the kids ate the ENTIRE watermelon yesterday, so I'll have to find something else to nosh on today!

No comments: