Wednesday, July 27, 2011

no more excuses

That's the title of April's Healthbeat blog today and it's fitting.  I injured my back a couple of weeks ago and have been using that as an excuse not to exercise.  And every weekend there is SOMETHING going on.  (a birthday party, a wedding, a baby shower....)  Plus every Sunday my mother-in-law makes an insanely delicious dinner.  Last week was shrimp scampi.  how often do I get good seafood out here?  I couldn't say no to it. and then this weekend is Michael's birthday so we are having a cookout (well the west-coasters call them BBQ's which is weird to me still).  His mother is making a mango lemon chiffon cake.  I should say no- especially since I don't even care that much about mango/lemon combos.  But its his birthday!  another excuse.  baby steps though.  I think I'll start by taking a walk after work with Colin. 

No comments: