Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Flashback

Earlier I was trying to remember what year it was that my team dressed up as Starbucks for Halloween. I thought it was 2005. So, when I was on the blog I decided to look up Halloween time 2005 to see if I mentioned it (I didn't). I ended up reading a lot of the posts we had done from back in the early days. It was pretty inspirational - sort of. I mean I was inspired because that was back at the point that I was still losing and had not yet plateaued or began gaining again. So I starting thinking... maybe it CAN work for me. At that point I wanted to lose 55 pounds and was hoping to get down to 160. I had lost around 10 at that point - which put me just at 205 or so.

I want to do that again. How was it that I was doing it then (briefly) and how can I get it to happen again, withOUT the back lash of lose 10 gain 40?

I called Katie up and asked her how much she weighs now. At the time she and Sarah were lapping each other and trying to hit 150 each. Sarah beat her by .2 pounds. Katie says she doesn't know what she weighs now, but she was guessing it was around 170. She -at one point - was down to 130-ish, along with Sarah. So SHE lost 30 and gained 40.

One of the things Katie and I were doing at the time was exercising every day after work. We were doing the 10 minute exercise routines (or the 20 minute Jenny Craig tube and tone or the 25 minute aerobics tape). So MINIMAL exercise - but concentrated and mandatory. We stopped when the clocks changed. We don't know why, but for some reason we stalled on our exercising and, not surprisingly on our weight loss. (BTW - during this conversation with Katie she dragged out Charles' Wii Fit and when we got off the phone she said she was going to do a workout.) I pretty much held steady at that point (205-206) until Sarah and I went on our cruise - or shortly before that. Beginning in January of 2006 I decided I would get below 200 for the cruise. I started exercising again MOST days - I was going to the gym near work and doing 45 minute workouts - usually a combination of aerobic and weights, but sometimes just one or the other. I lost a few pounds more and got to my lowest weight on a weigh in day (202) mid-February (I had hit 201.8 one day but it wasn't official and so didn't make the charts). At that time I dropped my calories to 900 per day and continued exercising daily hoping to lose the last 2 pounds, but actually ended up being slightly higher for the cruise (204 exactly). I returned from the cruise weighing 208.8 (not bad considering it was a week of eating like a pig and almost no exercise). That was the last of loss that I saw. I ended the year (September at 207.8) and after that just kept climbing.

So, I think I need a new goal. I don't think the number counts for much for me, but I think I want to get to a point where I can buy clothes from normal stores again. I don't care if I have to buy the biggest size they sell, but I am TIRED of fat lady clothes (slouchy shapes, elastic waist bands, etc.)

I am going to do a whole bunch of measurments tonight (gack!) and see how many inches I have to lose to get to a normal XL or 18 again. I am also going to start with my 10 minute DVD exercises again. I can do them in the living room on my computer, so I should be good... I hope...

No comments: