Saturday, April 03, 2010

Lost 1.5 pounds in one day!

And didn't even have a stomach virus! It was a perfect storm for a one-day weight loss (although not, unfortunately, long term weight loss)--Good Friday, so I wasn't eating much of anything; the weather was beautiful so when I went out on my bike to deliver Connor's diaper bag to the library (where Brian and Connor had walked) I kept going for another 8 or 9 miles; and then in the afternoon I went and chopped off all my hair. I donated 15 inches to Locks of Love, but then lost another couple of inches in the styling process. So far everyone who has commented on it comments FIRST on the fact that it's straight. That, too, is not long term--next shower, or if today is especially humid, or if Connor gets me with a blast from the hose and I'm back to being curly.

So today's weight was 145.4, down from 146.8 yesterday (which I was pretty happy with to begin with). I figure this gives me a good cushion to head into Easter--it takes a lot of jelly beans to gain a pound and a half!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Me, too! I was down to 147.5 from 149. 147 by the time I'd finished cleaning the bathroom. I didn't have quite as active a day as you yesterday, but I kept busy from the time I got up until I went to bed, so I barely noticed the fasting. I don't imagine for a second that I'll stay at 147 after today, but it's still a 3-pound cushion going into jellybean season.

Be sure to send pictures of your new hairdo before it goes curly again!!