Monday, April 12, 2010

I lead a boring life...

But that's ok. I spent Friday being a judge for the Maryland State Geography Bee. That is always a fun but exhausting adventure. Those middle school kids are insane with their knowledge of geography.

The weekend consisted of a walk Saturday morning, and then I cleaned the house, started to organize our closet and did some gardening. Nothing spectacular.

Exercise hasn't been scheduled, so it hasn't happened. Food has been decent. I've been making us smoothies for breakfast. Yoplait has these packets of pre-measured frozen fruit and frozen yogurt chunks and you just have to add milk and blend them. They are easy and quite tasty, and definitely a change from the normal boring breakfasts we tire of so quickly. Then I cleaned up the grill for the first time this season, so we have been grilling out. Yum. I love grilled vegetables. And Peter's sister shared an asparagus recipe with us that I am going to try on my own tonight. I despise asparagus (only broccoli is more foul) but this recipe is really good. She blanches the asparagus for 1 minute, then tosses them with chopped shallots, garlic and salt & pepper. It stays crunchy and doesn't have that weird taste or the stringy texture.

So that's all. Oh--I did our taxes yesterday. Definitely newsworthy!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think judging a Geography Bee sounds FUN! That isn't boring. Boring would be never getting to do anything like that!