Friday, April 02, 2010

Not much to report here either

We have been off yesterday and today, doing random things around the house. Marian is stopping by to finally solve the "what color to paint the first floor walls" dilemma. I can't tell you how close I am to just painting each wall a different color and saying to heck with it. Then I'll just buy decorating stuff that I like with complete disregard for whether it matches or not. Matching is overrated. Totally conformist. :-) LOL.

We've been busy, but I haven't formally exercised yet this week. I am thinking about setting up my own circuit in my house for days when I don't feel like anything else. Jump rope, free weights, the exercise ball; I think I could do it.

We have an extra dog through Monday night. He is a giant geriatric black lab named Roan that turned 14 yesterday (WAY past the shelf life for a dog his size!!) He and Harry apparently have taken their doggie relationship to the next level; Roan has been "bathing" Harry's head all morning by licking him. I am sure Harry is going to smell delicious after 4 days of that. Roan's a nice enough dog, but man our house is always SO GROSS after he leaves. It already smells like a giant dog m when you walk inside and he hasn't even been here 24 hours. It takes me forever to get it cleaned up. He rolls all over our carpets (his house is only hardwood floors--old school rowhouse in the city) and he just loves our wall to wall carpet in the basement. I can generally empty the vacuum 3-4 times with all the hair he leaves behind just from that one room. Blah. Enough complaining.

No comments: