Friday, April 16, 2010

Tired

This past week has left my body wiped out. I did 5 miles of running on Saturday followed by a 300-mile car trip. Then I did a 5k in Springdale on Monday followed by another 300-mile car trip. I really think running followed by long drives is a bad idea -- I was left feeling stiff because I didn't have real healing time. On Tuesday I was feeling pretty wiped out already, so I just did 40 minutes on the recumbent bike, the laziest equipment at the gym, though I did Pilates in the morning. On Wednesday I had a great run on the treadmill (after the tough road runs it felt like floating, so I kept up a great pace) but was tired again afterwards. Yesterday I did Pilates again in the morning and then Body Step in the afternoon -- it was all new material and some of it was tough, especially the push-ups track. And then I had to run errands. By the end of the day I was feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. So today I completely took off from exercise -- I'm a wimp for getting in only two days of Pilates this week, but I just hurt all over and didn't have it in me.

Tomorrow the run is short, only 2.5 miles, which is a good thing because our day is packed. I'm hoping I won't be so tired tomorrow. The run also has my first "magic mile" -- a one-mile run to measure what pace I'm capable of if I push it. I have no idea what that will be -- I haven't run for a continuous mile in a long time!

My eating is still very random this week. My weight is staying constant, though, probably because of all the exercise. The Easter candy is about gone, so I'm declaring calorie counting again beginning on Monday. I took measurements this week but they really haven't changed -- I'm still too thick around the middle! Oh, well.

No comments: