Friday, April 09, 2010

Sarah should be posting...

I have done nothing interesting in the past several days - however, everytime I call Sarah she is biking the Erie Canal or climbing Mount Everst and what all. I haven't managed to do ANYTHING!

I spent the day killing bugs on Wednesday - wasps mostly. There appears to be a nest somewhere near my bedroom. I sprayed and then finally opened up the window again last night. There were probably about 10 dead bodies INSIDE my window. I went to Home Depot yesterday to buy replacement screens. It seems that you can't BUY replacement screens and that you have to build them yourself. So I bought a kit (6$, no biggie), but when I went to remove my screen from my window I can't figure out how to do it. It is attached to the whole window somehow. Maybe this is Andersons or Thompsons or whoever made my window's way of making me buy ALL new windows to fix a simple hole. I have to work on this one more...

I am so glad it cooled off today. I was NOT ready for hot weather. Warm is fine - but it was too hot on Tuesday and Wednesday, especially considering I have no screens in my doors and the windows seem to be letting in wasps. It was getting very stuffy inside and I REFUSE to run my AC this early in the year. Katie thinks we have ghost wasps. Three times now we have trapped a wasp in an area or a room and it has just disappeared. Very weird.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

We are in need of new screens too. Peter found a window place on Reisterstown Rd @ OM Blvd that he is investigating for getting replacements made.