Friday, April 16, 2010

I can officially say

that although my life doesn't seem to be "changed" the darn mask actually is helping. Wednesday night I went to bed late (12-ish) and then woke up at 2:11am feeling like I couldn't breathe. I yanked the darn mask off and went back to sleep without it. I had the WORST night of sleep. It was exactly the type of sleep I used to have - restless, waking up frequently, dozing instead of sleeping - but it never bothered me before. I woke up Thursday morning feeling all achy. And then I was MISERABLE all day yesterday. Dragging all day and yawning all afternoon. So, last night when I went to bed I resolved to wear my mask all night come hell or high water. I did. I woke up once around 2:30 and then not again until my alarm woke me up at 6:30. I don't feel particularly different today, but I just realized that I have NOT been experiencing my normal 2pm to 5pm yawning and dragging. I have had a headache all day - which the CPAP is supposed to help prevent.

I am actually excited by this. I mean - sure, it is nothing cool like training for a marathon or a triathlon. But I was able to give blood this week!! I slept great last night!! I actually WANT to try a traditional diet again and see if I can make any progress. How cool would that be if my only problem has been sleep deprivation??!

Katie's and my knitting/bookclub (Pages and Stitches) was cancelled for tonight. I am really bummed by this. I really enjoy this group of women. It has been a long long time since I have found a group that I can hang out with and just LAUGH all night. I love it that while we are all on different levels in life (age, career, children, etc.) we pretty much agree on everything fundamentally. We have already (in the three months we have met) read such an odd range of books. And we all like to knit (or crochet). It is fun. Hopefully we will be able to meet next Friday.

No comments: