Tuesday, April 06, 2010

147.6

Higher than last week, but not by much.

It's been an interesting couple of days. The deal I made with myself was that I'm not allowed to eat any Easter candy each day until I've exercised. That was a bit dicey yesterday when I was home with both kids, but Connor's therapist came at 11:00 so I forced Claire into clothes (she had just woken up!) and we rode our bikes over to the state park and back. It was a short ride, and verrrrryy slow (7 miles or so in an hour and a half!), but long for Claire so the speed was necessary. And it counted as exercise, which was all I cared about.

Today was a rough day. Connor woke up at 2:30 a.m., which coincided almost exactly with me getting violently sick for about ten minutes. It was the strangest thing--I had no warning at all, just woke up feeling a bit crampy and then spent ten minutes in the bathroom getting rid of just about everything I had eaten for the previous 24 hours. And then I was fine. No ongoing nausea, nothing. But I was up with Connor and when breakfast time rolled around, I didn't want to eat--I was worried that I really might be sick and didn't want to see the results. But I had to exercise, right? This is my "no excuses" week and I had planned a hike at the state park, so as soon as the kids were on their buses I headed off to the park. No food in me, just one bottle of water and some shot blocks. This was fine until the water ran out at the halfway point--turns out the park didn't have their water fountains turned on for the season yet. And I was hungry at that point, and getting shaky from being tired and thirsty. Obviously I made it back, but the last half mile was a pain. I did about 7 and a half miles, averaging 3 miles per hour while moving, but overall just 2 m.p.h. with all the stops. And then in the afternoon when Claire got home from school we got out on our bikes again, this time just a 4 mile ride to get snowballs.

Tomorrow I'm taking a rest day, so just easy exercise in the morning--pilates (which you CAN do every day with no problem, or at least I used to do it daily) and yoga.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You sound like you had a spastic colon attack. That is exactly what happens to me... wake up, run to the bathroom, purge and go back to bed. After 30 or so years of this happening off and on I can often predict when they will hit - but, by any one else's standards they are out of the blue. Once in a while I will feel very queasy while I am purging - to the point where I start gauging the distance to the sink or bathtub, but I have NEVER (knock on wood) had it actually hit from both ends. I think it is actually just the pain from the cramping that makes me queasy. Then once I am done, I am usually DONE. And it is almost always around two or two thirty. In fact, the only time I feel residual fatigue in the mornings is if it happens at 2:30 or later. That is my breaking point. Prior to that it is like nothing happened.