Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost weekend

I had intended to go on a longish bike ride this weekend and instead ended up doing nothing fun or active at all the whole weekend. The plan was that Brian would go early-ish (9:00) on Saturday to an HCC Engineering Club event, be home around 1:00 and then I'd get out for my ride before my 6:00 scout field trip. Instead, he came home at 5:00. Apparently they just got so involved in building this damn robot that he lost track of time. So I spent all of Saturday doing housework and laundry, then went to an ice rink and sat on the sidelines because the first time I went around the rink I discovered that ice skating is really incompatible with an SI joint injury. Ouch.

Sunday was my next chance, but it turned out that it was Membership Sunday at our church, which meant a longer than normal service, followed by a reception, followed by a community meeting. Got home from that after 1:00 and then went to visit Kirsten. I got home from that and grocery shopping close to 5:00, by which time it was windy and cold, and while the sun was ostensibly up, it wasn't doing it's best to actually light up Catonsville. So I stayed home and cooked instead (then fought with Claire over practicing her singing, her violin, and doing her religious ed. chapters. It was such a fun evening. Not.).

In the meantime I've been doing nothing to curb my eating. Thank goodness that the Easter candy is gone now, and part of my grocery shopping yesterday was getting vegetables and fruit to snack on--Brian thinks pickled beets and four apples should be enough for a family for a week. Yuck. By the middle of last week I was completely out of vegetables and down to a couple of apples and a pear in the fruit department. But now I'm restocked and good to go.

No comments: