Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thanks for all the fish

I was going to say "So long, and thanks for all the fish." But then I figured you all would think I was quitting - which I am not. I was thinking about fish when I signed on today - and saw the "So long" message to the guy who is leaving Google Blogs - so that immediately put the "So long, and thanks for all the fish" quote in my head.

So - Katie and I have been eating fish lately. We started the Glucerna menus again on Tuesday. After all of the birthday eating I was DEFINITELY in need of a balanced diet again. So - on my birthday - we went grocery shopping at Wegmans and loaded up on tons of yummy, healthy foods. We bought VERY EXPENSIVE sushi grade tuna steaks. We had them on Tuesday night. Last night we had the fresh tilapia (done as fish sticks - I wish we had done them with Katie's pistachio crust and apricot vinegar reduction instead though - that is yummier). We have been eating our fresh fruits and vegetables - whole grains and cheeses. Katie and I were both saying last night that we like these menus a lot because our lunches become "kits" and you know how much we all like kits!!! Tonight we will have either fresh cod, grilled with vegetables - or the rest of the tuna done as kabobs.

My weight was down from Tuesday's high (which I didn't report because I was so horrified by it!!!). Today I was 232 and yesterday I was 232.2. I am sticking with that - since Tuesday was my Monday this week - and was post birthday.

I had a THREE HOUR dentist appointment yesterday. I was getting a crown and a filling done. It went badly because I had a nerve that wouldn't deaden (hot nerve I think they are callled...). Poor Dr. Behar kept TRYING to kill it - and then he was good about being delicate around the area - but by the end I felt like I had been beat up. THEN - insult to injury - I had to drive home in the snow. Sigh. My lenten resolution has been to do a chore a week that I have been putting off. Week one I cleaned out the linen closet. Week two I had my mamogram done (I had delayed that since October!). I am counting my dentist appointment as my sacrifice this week. Technically I guess it wouldn't count because I am pretty good at taking care of my dental needs, because I really don't mind going to Dr. Behar - but I really didn't expect it to last this long, or be this difficult - so I think it should count. I really didn't have time to do anything else that day. I had intended to go to the bank and to the mall afterwards - but I just couldn't.

No comments: