Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hi Vicki!

I just thought I'd greet Vicki, who has been reading our blog regularly and could teach us all a thing or three about weight loss and exercise. I saw her on Saturday and she looked fabulous--she must be working out three hours a day. She's also the newest writer for CongressNow, an online publication covering (duh) Congress. Now. I'm sure it's a fascinating and erudite publication but I wouldn't know because it's only available by subscription. Hardly seems fair that Vicki can read about everything I'm eating and how often I go to the gym and what I weigh each week but I can't read about the congressional appropriations process. Wait. I take that back. Totally fair. In fact, I think someone would have to pay me to read about that process (although often I feel the same way about reading about weight loss struggles as well).

So welcome, Vicki, and if you'd like to start posting or commenting here I'm sure our evil administrator (Emily) would be happy to let you have access. Let me know.

And I was 142.2 this morning, which shocked the hell out of me because I only made it to the gym twice this past week (and had exercise forced on me yesterday when I missed the shuttle from work to off-site parking and ended up walking, but it was only about 20 minutes on foot) and overate impressively, especially on Sunday night when Brian and I went out to eat and instead of our usual entree-only approach, we had entree, appetizers, dessert, and a couple of drinks. Good stuff, but I could barely move the rest of the night.

No comments: