Tuesday, February 19, 2008

133.5

On Wednesday Cecilia came down with the stomach bug Alexander had had the previous week, and by the end of the day I was feeling a bit icky myself.  It never turned into a full-blown stomach virus, but from then through Sunday I felt queasy off and on, especially when I was hungry -- I found I was in the best shape if I grazed slowly on bland, starchy foods.  Yesterday the queasiness was gone but I still had some cramping when I ate.  Ugh.  Anyway, combine the weirdness of appetite with my Lenten sugar avoidance (though I still had birthday cake for Alexander's birthday) and I lost some weight this week.  So it's only sort of real loss.  

I did get out and run a 5k yesterday, at least, but before that it had been a week since I exercised.  Mom and Dad are here this week so I don't have gym appointments, though I may try to go anyway a few nights this week, especially if it's too cold to go for an outside run.  Next week I already have two trips planned, and I'll schedule the other two days I can manage as well.  I really don't like going without exercise as much as I have this month -- I hate winter viruses!

No comments: