Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crunchy Water

OK - It just doesn't seem right to me that things that LOOK so vivid and pretty should have so little flavor. I just ate a "salad" (it was supposed to be a sandwich, but I decided it would be too messy and so assembled it in a bowl, thus making it a salad) of lettuce, cucumber, diced tomato, whole wheat pita, and garbanzo bean mush (made out of chick peas, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, spring onions). It looked so yummy. The colors were pleasing, there was texture variety, it just looked healthy and flavorful. Not so much. It was bland!! Bland, bland, bland! I put ranch dressing on it - so the bites that had the dressing tasted good - but why is it that foods that have to have flavor added to it externally are the ones that we are supposed to eat? It just isn't right.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Funny you should bring this up--I've been craving a good salad recently. I don't like my homemade salads for exactly the reason you mentioned (bland, boring) but I love the salads from the salad bar here because there's so much more variety and they taste about a million times better. I just hate to spend my lunch break actually getting lunch, though.