Tuesday, February 12, 2008

136.5

Again.  But this time I'm relieved because from Thursday through Sunday I ate huge meals in restaurants and hotels and only exercised once.  (The once was a run on Friday evening -- Daniel and I ran next to the highway in Sevierville, kind of a scary place to run, but it was flat and we were able to set a good pace -- I had my fastest-ever 5k.)  I did also walk the entire Knoxville Zoo on Thursday, and that's supposed to be about 10,000 steps, though they didn't all register on my occasionally flaky pedometer.

Yesterday I was surprised to see 136 after all that, but then it was back to good ol' 136.5 today.  I did exercise last night, 40 minutes on an elliptical.  It was a different machine than my usual one and I did a slightly different workout that had me controlling my pace in various ranges, and it had me sweating hard.  Kind of neat.  Today I don't have a gym appointment (I couldn't get one) so I'll have to work out at home.  I'm having a hard time getting my head around the idea that I need to be exercising more to lose body fat.  I'm already up to four days a week in a normal week, and it's hard to find more time than that.  I wish I had a home elliptical (or treadmill, or bike, or anything) and a place to put it!  Or I wish aerobics burned calories as aggressively as the machines and didn't involve flailing arms that hit ceiling fans.

No comments: