Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm a fruitarian.

By default. I forgot to pack part of my lunch today and I ended up eating almonds, string cheese, two clementines, a box of raisins, and applesauce. That's more fruit than I normally eat in a week! I'm not a big fan of fruit. I should start packing vegetables--I'd be more likely to eat them.

I've been better this week than last, although it's clear now that I'm really NOT going to get to the gym today. I had a grant deadline of 5:00 today that I found out about yesterday afternoon (we thought we didn't qualify, then found out we did)--we pulled it together and I delivered it at 3:58, but by the time I got back it was too late for the gym. Just as well. I don't think I'd have the strength on a diet of almost all fruit. But I did get there two other days, and I've kept down a lot of my nighttime eating (the pistachios are gone, and Brian has been making really disgusting dinners the past couple of nights that even HE doesn't seem to like. That's a great way to keep portions small!), and I had to skip the baby shower I was supposed to go to today because of the deadline, so that was a lot of calories saved. I haven't been weighing myself, though, so I have no idea if this is having any effect on anything.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I thought fruitarians are the ones who only eat food that did not experience any sort of violence. So - fruit only counts if it fell from the tree naturally. Then, you can only prepare foods without using knives and stuff. And you have to eat it raw because cooking is violent. And you have to dye at least one section of your hair magenta and one green. And you have to wear a jingly ankel bracelet. THEN you will be a fruitarian.