Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's not working

OK - So I have been eating plenty of calories (but not TOO many) for a month now - and so far I have gained about four pounds. I was 232.6 today. GRRRRR! I haven't been exercising. I have been feeling a little sick off an on for the past several days. It comes in waves. It may be hormonal - related to my period - but I know there has also been a stomach bug going around. I hope it isn't that.

I have to do a conference call now. I didn't mean for this to be so short. Sorry!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I just had a really bad weekend of eating (actually it was wonderful -- a friend came for a visit) but now I'm back to my Nazi-like schedule. haha
Maybe you should rethink your routine but I would make sure you have all of the "icks" out of your system first. If you feel like crap you'll be less motivated. But I wouldn't wait too long because maybe it's just exercise you need.
I think if you have the stomach flu you would KNOW. A few friends of mine have had it and it wasn't pretty.
But once you feel better I'd start with a weeklong plan and either start with the two walks a day (after each slightly larger meal) and cut your calories back down. If you lose weight that first week, repeat for week two and repeat again, gradually adding more and more strenuous exercise.
If you're going to eat more calories you've got to work out (as you know). Or just try more exercise with the level of calories you're eating. Whatever you decide, what has helped me is plain ol' consistency, especially early on in the game.
So if I were you I'd just try to get focused and plan then stick with it. You'll find a way to lose.