Friday, February 08, 2008

Gym day three this week

I think this is the first week since the start of the year that I've been able to make it to the gym all three days that I planned to go! I'm always amazed at how quickly I lose endurance and strength when I skip a couple of days. Two weeks and I'm back to almost-completely-out-of-shape. Aging sucks.

I gave up coffee for Lent. Can someone please tell me what I was thinking? I didn't give up caffeine entirely--I've been having green tea in the morning, which tastes pretty awful IMO and doesn't give you nearly the caffeine kick that coffee does. I use the tea to wash down a couple of ibuprofen to stave off the inevitable headaches, then spend the morning kind of groggy before giving in and having a diet soda. I told Brian that if I'm too cranky and awful then he gets to decide when I go back on coffee. But he's not around in the mornings to see me, so I don't know how he'd know.

Nothing really to report. I was down to 142 even the day after Ash Wednesday. Doubt it'll last, but it's always nice to lose a half a pound in two days!

No comments: