Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ugh

I weighed myself today - not only because it was weigh-in day, but also because I did NO exercise and ate like crap all weekend. I ordered Chinese food on Saturday afternoon and then ate that all weekend. High in salt, high in fat, and (since I got General Tsao Chicken) high in sugar. All bad and it reflected in my weight today. I was two pounds (actually more like 1.5 pounds) up from my last weight last week. My ankles are slightly puffy from retainig water, so I have been drinking lots to try to purge it out of me. Hopefully that will help get my weight back down.

I am overly full right now. We did a team lunch today since it was someone's birthday. We went to Bertucci's. I ordered a Marghrita pizza - and ate half of it. I also had salad and a roll. THEN we came back and had Coldstone birthday cake. I had the smallest piece of my group - but that was still about 1' thick at the top. I feel STUFFED. I should walk around the block to burn it off - or at least to get it to digest through.

Speaking of walking... I finally bought a new battery for my pedometer - but I can't find the instructions on how to set it. It unset itself when I removed the battery and now I can't figure out how to make it work. I am going to see if I can find the instructions online.

I have to get back to counting my calories. I have been pretty consistant about watching gluten and sugar - and so now I have to watch the three combined - gluten, sugar and calories. I am SO inconsistant on my intake unless I am paying attention. I have to figure out a quick and easy lunch that I can make every day. I have breakfast under controll - and dinner for the most part - but unless Katie and I pack lunches together, I still tend to ignore lunch. Since Katie will be out of school in a few weeks, I will be on my own for making lunch. Sigh.

I made agave ice cream yesterday at Sarah's house. It actually tasted too sweet to me, so I need to modify that. It was fun though. I want to try other flavors... It also had the desired result. I ate a single serving (about 1/2 a cup) last night, and DIDN'T have the inclination to go back and eat the whole container. I think I will add almonds next time. I like having something to chew on in my ice cream.

I ordered two new cookbooks that should be delivered today; Baking with Agave and Super Natural Cooking. Took bad I don't actually COOK.

I am taking my first real yoga class tomorrow. I am a little nervous about it.

No comments: