Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sarah is correct ... figures

I'm expecting a crazy day on Capitol Hill with meetings going until probably 8 p.m. or later tonight ... meetings I get to cover. So yes, I took a break to read the blog. Since Sarah rarely answers my e-mail I can come here to find out what she's up to. haha

I'm thinking about going for a walk although that might include bulldozing tourists, which I hear burns mega calories. haha

So I started back yesterday on a serious routine. I went to Williamsburg over the weekend and took a 14-mile bike ride on Sunday. It was glorious and I felt great afterward. It's what I needed to refocus.

While there I also bought a National Park Service pass (I'm going out to California this summer to hike in Yosemite etc.) so I can zip down to Shenandoah on the weekends to hike. I've got a great hiking book. If anyone ever wants to join me, let me know.

I was going to exercise last night but took the opportunity to do some grocery shopping at Wegman's instead. I have to admit I love looking into other people's carts to see what they're eating. There are still so many people with carts filled with white bread, frozen french fries, american cheese and so many other processed foods. Not a fruit in sight. My cart last night was filled with fruits and veggies and lots of yogurt. I looked at the beer but didn't buy any. I'll drink it if it's in the house and I want to give it up again for a couple of weeks as part of my "getting back on track" plan.

Now it's time for the exercise. It will be late when I get home tonight but I'll at least ride my bike on the trainer and hopefully get in some weight work. Then I'll collapse. HA

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love peeking in other people's carts too--I like to try to guess what their lives are like by what they're buying. Middle aged men buying flowers at 10 p.m. are my favorite--you know they either screwed up recently or are about to!

Amy said...

I am a cart watcher too - especially at Wegmans! I wonder what people think of MY cart full of gluten free, organic, brown eggs, brown rice. I bet they think I am boring! I always assume that women with carts full of chips and sodas have teenagers at home, and middle aged men with flowers are on their way to visit their mothers. I don't shop at 10pm anymore - at least not at Wegmans. And I am glad our grocery stores don't sell alcohol. Much easier to resist something that isn't there.