Friday, May 09, 2008

Exercise

This has been one of those weeks where getting to the gym was difficult. I've had back to back meetings most days (which is unusual for me--normally my time is pretty flexible) and have only managed to take a lunch break to get to the gym once. So I'm thinking of this week as a dry run for the summer, when ALL of my lunch breaks will be used to take Claire from camp to home. Last summer I went five weeks without one trip to the gym, and it took me forever to get back into shape after that.

So on Wednesday I stayed late and went to the gym after work. This isn't an ideal solution since it messes up the evening schedule of dinner, homework and bedtime (especially on days when Brian has to get ready for work) so I can't plan that three days a week. Getting in early isn't really possible either since I'll be bringing Claire with me on my way in. Yesterday Davey helped me out--Brian took him out for his evening walk and Davey went only to the corner of the road, then turned around and came home. He wanted ME to walk him apparently. As soon as he came in the house he started hounding me (pun? literal? hard to say) to go out, so I ended up walking him about three miles. Today I have a lunch to go to, so I'm not sure if I'll just sneak in a workout after that or if I'll try to get out for a run this weekend. I always mean to get up early enough where I could run out the door as soon as Brian gets home on Saturday or Sunday, but my motivation for getting up and moving early on a weekend is zero. I might have to this weekend and all summer, though, if I don't want to get out of shape again.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

That is a great story about Davey. You're stuck with him now. He'll probably write about it on his blog, too.

Dear Davey's Diary,

I made my human mom walk me today. She tried to get out of it by making that human male walk me but I refused and he fell for it. What's even better so did she. I pitched a royal doggie fit and she took me out on a huge walk. I've lost 2 pounds this week and am getting even closer to my goal weight. Hopefully I can keep *convincing* my human mom to walk me. I'm turning into a real stud.