Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I can see the future, too

I was totally right that this was NOT the week to pursue a goal weight.  I exercised all three days that we were in Tuscaloosa -- 30-40 minutes on the treadmill every day -- plus we went running at the Crawfords' house and for a long, long traipse around the pastures and creek area another day.  So that was five days of exercise in a week, way better than my average, and I didn't eat horribly (though not great -- I allowed myself some alcohol pretty much every night, and vegetables were in short supply) and I often left food behind on the plate (surprisingly difficult for me).  So explain to me, then, why I gained FIVE POUNDS on the trip???  It's coming off quickly -- I was at 144 yesterday morning (an alarming 146 the night before) and 142.0 today, so at least some of this is water.  But that's still three and a half pounds up from last Monday.  Sigh.

Obviously, I'm back to logging calories.  Yesterday not snacking constantly turned out to be trivial -- I guess I was still feeling gross from the travel.  Today it's going to be trickier to get back into my healthy habits.  I know some snacks are good -- I should eat when I'm hungry -- but it's the mindless boredom snacking that I need to avoid.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I gained five pounds when I was visiting you Emily - but of course, we didn't exercise while I was there - and I ate like crap! I ate WAY more salt at your house than I normally do - and so most of my gaining was water weight. Long drives have that affect on me too... Anyway - I lost it all in less than a week. But now I am back up again.