Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The tusks aren't looser here

because we're still in the Middle East, but we'll go hunting tomorrow afternoon.  My weight yesterday morning was 138.5, so I'll pretend that's official -- it's better than last week's anyhow.  Not from any good behavior on my part, though!

When we arrived here last night Daniel persuaded me to go running.  It was a terrible run for me -- according to my Nike+iPod I haven't been running since the beginning of March -- but I got through the whole 5k in about 30 minutes, with a slight pause in the middle to catch my breath. Afterwards I did 30 push-ups but I never got around to doing my crunches.  Today I am a bit sore, but nothing terrible; still, I don't think I'll be going right back out for another run today.  I may try to go out for a walk.

Cecilia is looking very pleased with herself today!  She woke up disoriented during the night so she spent the last few hours in our bed.  When she woke up for the day (before either of her siblings and even before Daniel and me, because she was the only one who went to bed at a sensible hour) I told her, "Happy birthday!"  Once it registered that it was REALLY her birthday (she's been talking about it since February) she gave a huge, happy smile.  I asked her how old she was ("Tue!"  No, you're three today.  "FREE!") and she grinned even more broadly.  I don't think she has stopped smiling since.  What a cutie.  We're having a little party for her this afternoon -- good thing, because I haven't had enough junk food in the last two months.  Not.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Tell Ceelie "Happy Birthday" from us!!

What did you mean about the tusks and the Middle East?

Mary said...

Never mind. I read the previous post and watched the video and figured it out. I was never very fond of Groucho!